12.16.2009

Ain't Nothin Sweet.

Recently I was out in Cali on tour with Dujeous & my man Mazzi from S.O.U.L Purpose. Whenever we're on the road, it seems that we always get these urges to try strange and unusual foods that we might not be able to get at home. What can I say? The Duj is adventurous.
Well the last time we stopped at a gas station in Humboldt County, we found some really interesting snacks there (and they didn't even have any weed in them...at least I don't think they did.) On the counter was a small display for a company called Barry's Theatre Cookies. These cookies looked really interesting for a few reasons. First off, the packaging made it apparent that these were homemade sweets. Secondly, there were the flavors. Strange...strange flavors. The Black & Tan, Key Lime Cornmeal, Pecan French Toast, Maple Bacon Snickerdoodle...hold up. Maple BACON? In a cookie? Unfortunately, X-Clan has kept me away from pork since I was 13 years old. Sam Jackson said it best in Pulp Fiction. The pig is a filthy animal. Ha!
I opted for the Key Lime Cornmeal. The crumbly texture, real citrus accents, and abundance of butter was just what the doctor ordered. We were in Humboldt after all.



Oh...did I mention this thing was dipped in white chocolate? Get Barry's Theatre Cookies HERE and support the independent food artisans.

No comments:

Post a Comment